Picture of lion outside Leeds Town Hall.
The above photo show some detail on one of the four sculpted stone lions that guard Victoria Square outside Leeds Town hall.
These Portland stone lions were made by William Day Keyworth (1817-1897) who was born in Hull. The lions were installed as 2 pairs in 1867 nine years after the Town Hall was built. Sadly all four of these once magnificent beasts are showing quite a bit of weathering and now look far from their best.